Preview Player

Check out a few of our many covers! Hope you enjoy!!

Preview Tracks

Our first gig!!

So we had our first gig together and I have to say it was a blast!! Here's what we played (not in order). We went through our set list and wanted to keep on going... so some songs were the first time we'd ever tried them!!


Breathe (2am) - Anna Nalick
My Immortal - Evanescence
One Moment More - Mindy Smith
It Ain’t Over Till It’s Over - Lenny Kravitz
Blue - Leann Rimes
Annie’s Song - John Denver
Women Be Wise - Bonnie Raitt
Jolene - Mindy Smith
Something To Talk About - Bonnie Raitt
If I Ain’t Got You - Alicia Keys
At Last - Etta James
Make You Feel My Love - Garth Brooks
I Can’t Help Falling In Love - Elvis Presley
When You Say Nothing At All - Alison Krauss
Angel - Sarah McLachlan
Adia - Sarah McLachlan
Somewhere Over The Rainbow - Eva Cassidy
Beautiful - Christina Aguilera
Hurt - Christina Aguilera
I Love You - Sarah McLachlan
Walkin After Midnight - Garth Brooks
Look What You’ve Done - Jet
Syrup & Honey - Duffy
Mercy - Duffy
Meant For You - Jewel
Missing Your Love - Jonny Lang
You and Me - Lifehouse
Life By The Drop - Stevie Ray Vaughan
Stand By You - The Pretenders

Chances are that we played more but I can't remember now...

I was really nervous through the first 3 songs but then I pulled it together. Steve did awesome!! He was able to work around my couple of mistakes :) Good thing the crowd didn't really know where they were!! It has been so fun working with Steve and I really look forward to seeing where we can go together! Coffee houses and open mics are in our future! I can see it!! I'm so grateful!! This really is my dream! I don't and never have wanted to "go anywhere" with my music. All I ever wanted was a little gig and to play locally. And now... I see my dream coming true and I couldn't be happier!! I owe it all to my awesome friend, Jen, who set me up with her dad, and Steve, my friend, brother, and partner... the most dedicated, easy going, and truly talented person I've had the pleasure of playing with!! Thanks so much to you both!!!
Also, my wonderful husband, Josh! He believed in me the most even when I didn't. If it wasn't for his efforts and belief in me... I'd still be singing in the shower by myself with no confidence :) So thanks hun!! :)

Ok that souded like the back of a CD cover and I hope it will be someday :) But for now... I'll keep you posted on what happens from here on...

12 comments:

  1. Hi Becky,

    Steve has been raving about your singing talent and I can't wait to meet you and hear you guys perform together.

    I completely agree with you about Steve. We have been close friends for 20 years and he is an amazing musician - and patient! :-) Trust me, I know...

    So, don't feel funny at all about coming to hear us play, and I really look forward to hearing you and Steve perform together.

    Um, can you get him to do a few more country songs? Maybe some Hank Williams? :-)

    your brother,
    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was at the show and it was awesome! It was like you two had been playing together forever and yet you have only had a couple practices. Just amazing! Keep up the good work and I can't wait to hear more...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Josh !!! :)

    Thanks Ron!! I look forward to a lot more shows with Steve! Unfortunately I don't know much country... I'm more of an R&B fan :) But I'll see what I can do! He's got the perfect voice for blues and country! Although I must say... his back up vocals for the Christina Aguilera song we did were right on! And his "Walkin' After Midnight" was just great! I suggested he learn "Someone Else's Star" by Bryan White. I love that song and... yup... it's country :) We'll see though!

    Chances are we'll be meeting soon! Looking forward to it! And thanks again!

    Your sister,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  4. have you heard Nora Jone's version of "cold cold heart"?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g35zS1tVO3o

    just saying.... :-)

    Of course, her version is far from country, but the roots are there.

    FYI: Ole Steve is a country musician from WAY back. Ask him what his 1st instrument was. BEFORE Led Zeppelin corrupted him. :-) Or who his boyhood music hero was.. Yah, I know stuff.... :-)

    Yeee Haw!!!!

    See you at Tupelo!

    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Becky,

    This is your friend, brother and very proud partner… Steve. I just want everyone who reads your blog to know just how fantastic you were. We had only 4 practice sessions; during these we arranged the music to fit an acoustic setting for almost 30 songs!!! We arranged harmonies, came up with endings, breaks, etc. made changes to put our fingerprint on many songs…. And our audience felt as if we had been playing together for years. You truly rose to the challenge with dignity and grace. As a matter of fact she did way better than I did!!! What is more we had a blast doing it…. Every minute has been fun!!!

    You have made me excited about music again…. And I have not felt that way in a long, long, time. So thank you!!

    Your FAN, partner and friend……….. Steve

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enough of this lovefest. I'm about to toss my cookies!!!!!

    :-)
    :-)
    :-)
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha! Don't waste good cookies!!

    Thanks Steve!!! :)

    And to Ron... I listened to that version of Cold Cold Heart. It is nice. I'd learn it. Just give me a day or two with it and I'd learn anything really... even some country... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Ya, and RON I left our the best part... Better hold down your cookies for this one ;)

    When we played at the lake, Becky was singing so awesome that I kept making mistakes because I found myself getting goosebumps or simply getting lost in the moment. Somehow despite my many mistakes that night, she carried on, waiting for me to finally play the right chords as if nothing was wrong. She truly conducted herself like a seasoned pro!!!

    I want everyone to hear this girl and become as big a fan as I have become!!!!

    I also say: Bravo Josh,,,, for seeing the incredible talent your wife has and helping her in all the ways you do in promoting and supporting her singing. Thank you!!!

    Great Job Bec.... I nominate her singing sensation of the millenium !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    How's your cookies now Ron ole buddy???? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. My cookies are all over the floor!

    honestly Steve! You Sicilians are So emotional! I think you have seen "Steel Magnolias" 1 too many times :-)

    Better watch some football soon! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Is it a bad thing that I've never seen "Steel Magnolias" but have watched football many times??

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would say that it is a very good thing. I wouldn't even know what it is if it weren't for the song, "the truth about men". by Tracy Byrd.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bs6VYx9V-Nw

    Very funny song :-)

    ReplyDelete